As we enter the final months of the school year, many families are looking to their spring break holidays as an opportunity to explore college campuses. While the information session, usually led by an admissions officer, can offer valuable information about the college’s offerings and admissions process, it is the student-led tour that will give you a more candid glimpse into the real story of life at that college.
Here are the 10 questions you should always ask:
- Why did you choose this college?
- When you struggle with a class, where do you go for help?
- If you had $10 million to spend somewhere on this college, what would you do?
- What was your favorite class or educational experience?
- What did you do last weekend?
- What is your favorite tradition or memory?
- How do you think you’ve grown during your time here?
- What was the biggest surprise to you in coming to this college?
- What kind of student wouldn’t be a good fit for this college?
- What advice would you give to your high school self?